i made a chocolate cake for diyana and fizah's bday. then , some of u asked for the recipe right? it is very easy . the name also got "easy" hehe.
Easy Chocolate Cake(Scandinavian)
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients1+¼ cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 pinches salt
1 cup (200 g) sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
½ cup (1.2 dl) milk or water
½ cup (1.2 dl) vegetable oil (flavorless)
Ingredients for frosting2/3 cup (1.6 dl) heavy cream or whipping cream
9 oz (260 g) semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
- Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Add milk/water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
- Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
- Heat 2/3 cup (1.6 dl) of heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat, add 9 oz (260 g) of finely chopped dark semisweet chocolate, stir until smooth, and let it cool until in thickens, if needed in the fridge.
- Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake. Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting.
- This cake should have room temperature when served.
** sape tangkap gambar harituh??? want pic... will post it here ~~